Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Souci

This month James Gurney's Art by Committee is about a dialog:

"Souci?"
"Yes."
"This is Billy."
"I can see that."
"Oh, right. You don't have your camera on."
"Mmmm."
"Umm, welcome back."
"Thanks."
One... two... three... four...
"So, should we, um, get together or something?"
"What do you want to do?"
"I don't know. Have lunch? Some drinks?"
"I'm on a diet."
"Take a walk?"
"Where?"
"I don't know. Want to talk?"
"What about?"
"Ummm. Never mind. Look, I'll, uh, call you again, all right?"
"Sure."
"Bye."
"Bye."


here is my proposal:





To be called Souci (in french: preoccupation, concern) may not be easy, but to be in love with Souci is probably even less easy. I've tried to imagine the difficult and conflicted young lady at the phone. Everyone has met at least one Souci in his life...  :)

The drawing was made in a hurry, so there are some evident faults (besides my usual ones, I mean...).

No comments:

Post a Comment